With the release of Pokémon GO taking the world by storm, players have already started discussing ways to help the already-loved mobile gaming app continue to thrive. In fact, Niantic’s CEO John Hanke has already announced in an interview that trading – a feature desired by most players – will be added in a future update. While we are unsure what all Niantic has in store for Pokémon GO, we have come up with 5 things we want to see in its future updates.
- Improved Character Customization – Although players have some ways of customizing their characters, we can’t help but think that the character creator needs some improvement. For example, it would be nice if there were more hairstyle options, clothing/shoes options, and a way to change your character’s height and weight.
- Ability to Add Friends – Pokémon GO has been uniting players like never before, so we think that it would be fun if players could add and manage friends on the app. Imagine getting a notification when a friend catches a new Pokémon and being able to congratulate them. Wouldn’t that be cool? Especially if you could also gain experience or items (like Lure Modules) once you add a certain number of friends.
- Battling – Battling, like trading, is something many players hope to see implemented in future updates. While you can battle (or train) at gyms, it would be nice if there were a way to battle in regular PvP (player-vs.-player) matches with friends.
- Shiny Pokémon – In the Pokémon console games players can sometimes find or hatch a Pokémon with a different or alternate coloration compared to its normal coloration. These are known as Shiny Pokémon, and they can be pretty rare and hard to find. Everyone is having a ball capturing normal-colored Pokémon, so imagine how much more fun it would be if we could find or hatch a Shiny Pokémon every once in a while.
- Legendary Pokémon Events – There are already rumors that legendary Pokémon will be appearing later in the game, we think it would be interesting if there were special events for obtaining them, like going to a certain PokéStop in your city.
What would you all like to see in Pokémon GO’s future updates?