Nephilim grow up so fast, don’t they?
Two years ago today, we met Jack, son of Lucifer and Kelly Kline. Born with fire in his eyes and seemingly unlimited power, Jack has had to walk the line between good and evil since he took his first breath. Currently residing in the Empty after being killed by his grandfather (family relations can be so messy), Jack is a member of the Winchester family who has often referred to Sam, Dean, and Cas as his three dads. And even when he is sans soul, Jack has shown that he is loyal to his family and wants to be a source of good in the world.
So in celebration of his special day, here are 20 things we love about Jack!
1. His love for nougat.
2. His love for Krunch Cookie Crunch cereal.
3. The way he cheerfully says “Hello.”
4. His love for zombies.
5. His precious — and, at times, incredibly AWKWARD — attempts to fit in with others.
6. How he wants to emulate Dean. All. The. Time.
7. His innocence.
8. His love for All Things Star Wars that he learned from Sam.
9. His unwavering love for and attachment to his mother, even though he never really got to “meet” her.
10. His complete faith in the Winchesters.
11. His unwavering belief that everything will be okay.
12. His instinct to protect the ones he loves, no matter the cost.
13. How he struggles with his humanity, just like we do.
14. His willingness to sacrifice himself for others.
15. The way his eyes glow gold when he “powers up.”
16. His need to do good and to make things right.
17. The badass way he took out the Apocalypse World angels!
18. The badass way he took out the worst angel of all, Michael!
19. How much he enjoyed driving Baby.
20. And last but certainly not least, his pride in being a Winchester.
Happy birthday, Jack! We have loved getting to know you over the last two years, and we hope you stick around for many millennia more!