IllFonic’s Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed has possessed two new platforms today and is now available on STEAM and Nintendo Switch with the Ecto Edition. The game is available in the STEAM Store here and the My Nintendo Store here for $19.99 USD.
In addition to the new platforms, a free DLC for the game is available now for all players, with exciting new haunts added just in time for the spooky weeks to come ahead of Halloween. The Ecto Edition includes:
- Main Narrative Story Expansion – several new story acts to the narrative progression of Spirits Unleashed. New twists and turns give the occupants of the Firehouse a new, challenging adversary to contend with, along with new conversations to have. Level up to unlock and enjoy the updated and extended narrative.
- New Ghosts –
- Overlord Ghost Type – The Overlord. An unrelenting spectral force. Unlike other specters who prefer to hide, the Overlord SEEKS. Born of pain, fear, and darkness, the Overlord is as mighty as they are clever. They’re imbued with never-before-documented passive abilities that make them even more difficult to tether. The Overlord’s aura emits a looming dread, compounding a creeping sense of fear within anyone in range. Alas, don’t expect Overlords to “slime” or “shock” those in their way; rather, they devastate them by swinging their deadly claws and hurling any physical objects they can sink their P.K.E. into. Wrangling with an Overlord is quite a horrifying challenge, any way you set it.
- Overlord – Samhain Variant – Behold the Ghost of Halloween! Samhain is pure malevolence, driven by the unholy desire to create a sprawling legion of darkness under his evil command. The earliest accounts of Samhain date back to the seventh century. The Celts held massive feasts in his name, though whether to entice or deter him is somewhat unclear. Regardless, his immense power and command over other creatures, living and … nonliving, is irrefutable. On the very rare occasion that Samhain has been defeated and imprisoned, he has broken free from his shackles and risen again. Stronger … and angrier.
- Overlord – Darklock Variant – Anguish is a feeling many are aware of, but few have truly experienced. Well, be assured, it is the goal of the Darklock to guarantee EVERYONE becomes intimately familiar. As long as suffering has existed, so too has this twisted type of Overlord. Facing off against the Darklock is harrowing, indeed, not only because of the pain it can inflict but also because of the twisted sense of euphoria it emanates while feeding off the foolish few who try to stand in its way.
- Overlord – Gravebringer Variant – Human fear of death manifested, the Gravebringer drinks dread the way the modern-day skin bags imbibe pumpkin-spiced lattes; guzzled by the gallon! The Gravebringer seeks to unlock true darkness within the heart of the hopeless. Brave men and women have been left nothing more than quivering husks after only a few moments in the Gravebringer’s presence. Isolating the weakest link in the chain and dismantling one’s resolve is a favorite pastime of this corporeal monstrosity. No other creature in any realm sends a chill up a spine like the Gravebringer.
- 2 New Maps –
- Petey’s Pirate Cove – ‘For libations and fun, don’t walk, but run to Petey’s Pirate Cove!’ Scallywags and buccaneers alike will find games galore, grog by the gallon, and more ghostly apparitions than a sunken shipwreck. Shiver me timbers, indeed!
- Galway Station – Subway patrons report sightings of ghostly old-timey train cars and encounters with tormented apparitions in the underground, particularly around Galway Station.
- Ghost Bounties
- Character and Gear Loadouts
- New Gear Shells to Unlock
- New Cosmetics and Added Tenure Level
- Countless UX, UI, Gameplay Improvements, and MORE!
IllFonic CEO and Co-Founder Charles Brungardt shared the following statement in regards to the exciting expansion: “We are super excited to bring Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed to all gaming platforms. As a lifelong fan of Ghostbusters, IllFonic has been hard at work to bring busting and haunting to all fans with the Ecto Edition. We are expanding the story, adding new maps, ghost types, and more.”
Fans now have the chance to unite forces across STEAM, Nintendo, PC/Epic Games Store, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One as the game supports crossplay across all platforms. A physical edition of the game is set to be released through Nighthawk Interactive later this year.
Watch the trailer for the Ecto Edition below, and stay tuned for future updates.