The premiere of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings is just weeks away!
Advance tickets for the September 3 premiere are now on sale. To build excitement, Marvel also released a clip showcasing some of the stunning choreography that will be featured in the film. The clip highlights Shang-Chi’s fighting expertise as he takes on his enemies on scaffolding, helping his friend Katy (played by Awkwafina) escape.
Recently, one huge mystery surrounding Shang-Chi was solved — its place within the MCU timeline. Director Destin Daniel Cretton confirmed in an interview that Shang-Chi takes place in the current MCU timeline, post-Blip and post Avengers: Endgame. This ended a lot of speculation that the film possibly took place before Endgame within a post-Snap world.
Disney also announced 25 North American locations hosting early fan screenings of the film! Tickets are now available for the Wednesday, August 18 showings. All showings are at 7 p.m. local time. Each will feature a special welcome message from stars Simu Liu and Awkwafina before the film!
The fan screening locations are:
- Atlantic Station Stadium 18 & IMAX – Atlanta, GA
- Showcase Randolph 16 with IMAX – Randolph, MA
- City North Stadium 14 & RPX – Chicago, IL
- Cinemark 17 + IMAX – Dallas, TX
- AMC Westminster 24 with IMAX – Westminster, CO
- Houston Marqe Stadium 22 + IMAX – Houston, TX
- AMC Indianapolis 17 with IMAX – Indianapolis, IN
- AMC Barrywoods 24 with IMAX – Kansas City, MO
- TCL Chinese Theatre + IMAX – Hollywood, CA
- Irvine Spectrum 21 + IMAX & RPX – Irvine, CA
- CMX Dolphin 24 – Miami, FL
- AMC Rosedale 14 with IMAX – Roseville MN
- AMC Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX – New York, NY
- Pointe Orlando Stadium 20 + IMAX – Orlando, FL
- AMC Neshaminy 24 with IMAX – Bensalem, PA
- Arizona Mills 25 with IMAX -Tempe, AZ
- Megaplex Theatres @ Geneva + IMAX – Vineyard, UT
- Palladium 19 IMAX + AVX – San Antonio, TX
- AMC Mission Valley 20 with IMAX – San Diego, CA
- AMC Metreon 16 with IMAX – San Francisco, CA
- AMC Saratoga 14 with IMAX -San Jose, CA
- AMC Alderwood 16 with IMAX – Lynnwood, WA
- Marcus Ronnie’s 20 Cine + IMAX – Saint Louis, MO
- AMC Tysons Corner 16 with IMAX – McLean, VA
- Scotiabank – 14 IMAX – Toronto, ON
The film stars Simu Liu as Shang-Chi, Tony Leung as Wenwu, Awkwafina as Shang-Chi’s friend Katy, and Michelle Yeoh as Jiang Nan, as well as Fala Chen, Meng’er Zhang, Florian Munteanu, and Ronny Chieng. From previous trailers, we also know that Benedict Wong’s Wong will also make an appearance alongside another big Marvel character, Abomination!
Surprisingly, Sir Ben Kinglsey, known by Marvel fans as a fake Mandarin/Trevor Slattery in Iron Man 3, was on the red carpet of last night’s Shang-Chi premiere. Will the fake Mandarin come face-to-face with the real Mandarin in Shang-Chi? We know from previous featurettes that this film will link back to the Iron Man story via the Ten Rings organization. Perhaps we’ll see Trevor Slattery atone for his crimes at the hands of the man he impersonated …
Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings premieres Friday, September 3 only in theaters.
Be sure to keep up with our coverage of Marvel and beyond!