Zombies, goblins, and ghosts, oh my! The spookiest season of the year is just around the corner, and in preparation, Universal Orlando Resort has announced its most horrifyingly delicious menu for this year’s Halloween Horror Nights.
This year’s menu will feature 75 different items inspired by this year’s hunt, making it the most extensive event menu to date. Guests brave enough to endure the lineup of terror will have a chance to sit back and relax with theme foods and beverage locations featuring new and fan-favorite menu items like Pizza Fries at select CityWalk locations and Universal hotels.
Created by Universal Orlando’s award-winning chefs and culinary team, the Halloween-themed menu will feature culinary specialties exclusive to the premiere event. And to add to the excitement, Halloween Horror Nights has teamed up with The Weeknd to bring fans a signature cocktail called Save Your Tears, inspired by The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare. Fans can enjoy menu items such as Maggot Covered Cheese Dog inspired by the event’s original haunted house Bugs: Eaten Alive.
Below is a list of some of the delicious items featured on this year’s menu.
- Major Sweets Ice Cream Sandwich (inspired by “Sweet Revenge” scare zone): Candy-corn sugar cookies filled with sweet corn ice cream (vegetarian).
- Maggot Covered Cheese Dog (inspired by “Bugs: Eaten Alive” original haunted house): A Korean-style hot dog with fresh mozzarella, rolled in puffed rice, topped with gochujang drizzle and black sesame seeds.
- Save Your Tears Signature Cocktail (inspired by “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare” haunted house): This signature drink mixes bourbon, peach brandy, single-pressed lemon juice, agave nectar, and bitters topped with peach bursting boba and served in a souvenir cup.
- Lil’ Boo’s Spicy Pumpkin Bun (inspired by “Horrors of Halloween” scare zone): A steamed bun filled with spicy butternut squash influenced by the beloved Halloween Horror Nights character (vegetarian).
- Garlic Philly Cheese “Stake”: Tender shaved beef served on a black hoagie slider roll with caramelized onions, peppers, sautéed mushrooms, muenster cheese sauce, and roasted garlic aioli.
- Burning Skull: Includes tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, mango nectar, pineapple juice, smoked chili bitters, jalapeno, and basil concentrate, shaken and served in a light-up molded skull cup.
- Día de los Muertos themed items: Includes offerings inspired by Latin flavors such as Tamales Día de los Muertos (gluten-free) – pork tamales topped with red mole sauce and cotija cheese; and Roasted Sweet Potato & Mushroom Street Tacos (vegan and gluten-free) – roasted sweet potato and mushroom tacos topped with onions, vegan crumbled cheese, and cilantro; also served with birria consommé.
- Fried Zombie Brains: Fried cauliflower florets tossed in spicy gochujang sauce and garnished with toasted sesame seeds and scallions (vegan).
- Petrified Rat Tails: Funnel fries with creamy crab dip, sliced scallions, and seasoned with herbs and spices.
- Tombstone Red Velvet Cake Pop: A red velvet cake pop coated in buttercream on a bed of crushed chocolate cookie crumbs and garnished with white chocolate bones (vegetarian).
- Pizza Skull: Pepperoni and cheese stuffed skulls served with a marinara dipping sauce.
That’s not all! Guests can sink their teeth into fan-favorite items making their delicious returns such as:
- Pizza Fries: Fries piled high with sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce, and loads of cheese. Also available this year are Vegan Pizza Fries – topped with marinara sauce, vegan cheese, vegan pepperoni, and vegan sausage crumbles.
- S’mores Fries: Sweet potato fries drizzled with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, and marshmallows.
- Traditional Twisted Taters (vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options): Fried spiralized ribbon potato thinly sliced and skewered with season salt, garlic parmesan, sour cream & chives, or ghost pepper seasoning options. Guests can also enjoy the variations Blood ‘n Guts Twisted Tater smothered with chili and roasted red pepper queso, and Fiery Twisted Tater with Queso (vegetarian) complete with white cheese sauce and sprinkled with flaming hot crunchy cheese puffs, and ghost pepper seasoning.
At Universal, CityWalk guests can enjoy the new Black Magic Milkshake (gluten-free) at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen, featuring pumpkin dulce de leche ice cream with a hazelnut-and-tombstone-sprinkled rim topped with a cauldron filled with gummy severed body parts over whipped flames. While the Red Coconut Club will transform into the Dead Coconut Club this fall, exploring a new theme and menu highlighting the Universal Monsters. Plus, all eight Universal hotels will feature monster-themed drinks, including The Mummy (vodka, blueberry-flavored energy drink, blue Caribbean liqueur, simple syrup, and lemon juice), The Wolf Man (whiskey, black raspberry-flavored liquor, and pineapple juice), and Dracula (tequila and Bloody Mary mix garnished with olives and celery) perfect for older thrill seekers.
Guests staying at The Sunset Lounge at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort Dockside Inn and Suites will be in for a special treat. For the first time, the resort will become a Halloween paradise featuring a unique mix of décor that blends traditional Halloween and tropical beach items.
Halloween Horror Nights will begin Friday, September 2, 2022, and will run on select nights until October 31.