The nominees for the 74th annual Emmy Awards were announced today, recognizing achievements in television from June 1, 2021 through May 31, 2022. Sebastian Stan and Lily James have both received their first Emmy nomination this year for their performances in Hulu’s limited series Pam & Tommy.
Stan and James have been nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited or Anthology Series and Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited or Anthology Series, respectively.
Pam & Tommy has also been nominated in the following categories:
- Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series
- Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie – Seth Rogen
- Outstanding Casting for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
- Outstanding Contemporary Costumes – “Destroyer of Worlds”
- Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie – “I Love You, Tommy”
- Outstanding Period And/Or Character Hairstyling – “Jane Fonda”
- Outstanding Period And/Or Character Makeup (Non-Prosthetic) – “Jane Fonda”
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie – “The Master Beta”
Pam & Tommy is set in the “Wild West” early days of the internet, following the infamous true story of the sex tape of Pamela Anderson (Lily James) and Tommy Lee (Sebastian Stan). After it was stolen from the couple’s home by a disgruntled contractor (Seth Rogen), the video evolved from an underground bootleg-VHS curiosity to a full-blown global sensation once it made its way onto the web in 1997.
In case you missed it, check out our interview with Pam & Tommy editor Annette Davey.
All eight episodes of Pam & Tommy are now streaming on Hulu.
Don’t miss the 74th Emmy Awards on September 12 at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock. Additionally, the Creative Arts Emmy Awards will take place at the Microsoft Theater over two consecutive nights on September 3-4.