The nominees for the 74th annual Emmy Awards were announced today, recognizing achievements in television from June 1, 2021 through May 31, 2022.
FX’s What We Do in the Shadows, based on the film of the same name created by Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi, has received three nominations across the comedy categories. The series nominations follow:
- Outstanding Comedy Series
- Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series – “The Casino”
- Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series – “The Wellness Center”
- Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes – “The Wellness Center”
- Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation – “The Escape”
- Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation – “The Casino”
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Comedy Series or Variety Program
The nominations for the series come as the series begins its fourth season run today. Our coverage for the series can be found here.