From director Nia DaCosta and Oscar award-winner Jordan Peele (Get Out) comes a new take on the popular and terrifying urban legend Candyman.
The bone-chilling new tale follows the story of a group of residents living in the housing projects of Chicago’s Cabrini-Green neighborhood. Growing up in the neighborhood, kids were told a ghost story about a supernatural killer with hooks for hands, only summoned by saying his name five times in the mirror. Now, as adults, they become exposed to the tragic and horrific true story behind the Candyman and unleash a wave of violent events.
Now you can experience the urban legend like never before, with an all-new alternate ending and over an hour of exclusive extras.
Below is the complete list of exclusive bonus features included with the DVD and Blu-ray.
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Say My Name: Filmmakers and the cast sit down and discuss the story of Candyman and the horror at the center of the timeless tale.
- Body Horror: We explore director Nia DaCosta’s influences in the subgenre of body horror, and what Anthony’s physical transformation means to the story.
- The Filmmaker’s Eye: Nia DaCosta: Take a closer look at director Nia DaCosta, and how her singular voice and perspective were perfect to tell this story.
- Painting Chaos: Filmmakers reveal how Anthony’s artwork evolves throughout the film and how they strived for authenticity in recreating Chicago’s vibrant art scene.
- The Art of Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe: Composer Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe reveals some of the unconventional methodology he used to create the unique and haunting soundscapes sounds of the film.
- Terror in The Shadows: A behind-the-scenes look at how the analogue shadow puppetry scenes were created and an unpacking of why this ancient artistic medium was the most conceptually relevant for depicting the legends’ cycle of violence.
- Candyman: The Impact of Black Horror: A roundtable discussion moderated by Colman Domingo about the nuanced relationship Black Americans have with Candyman, the horror genre and the overall idea of monsters and victims.
Candyman stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Teyonah Parris, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, and Colman Domingo. It was directed by Nia DaCosta (upcoming Captain Marvel 2) and written by Jordan Peele, Win Rosenfeld, and Nia DaCosta. The film comes to digital on November 2, and DVD and Blu-ray on November 16.
Be sure to watch the official trailer below.