Entertainment Weekly and the Savannah College of Art and Design have announced the honorees for this year’s SCAD aTVfest, heading into the ninth year for the event. It honors all things television and streaming. This year, the event will be held virtually from February 4-6.
During the event, several actors will be awarded special honors for their outstanding performances on television programs. All the honorees are set to attend virtual screenings and panels to discuss their careers and their performances in their respective programs. The honorees are:
- Jurnee Smollett (Lovecraft Country) receiving the Distinguished Performance Award
- Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad, Your Honor) will receive the Icon Award
- Chrissy Metz (This Is Us) will receive the Vanguard Award
- Javicia Leslie (Batwoman) will receive the Rising Star Award
- Cynthia Erivo (Genius, Aretha) receiving the Spotlight Award
- Kenan Thompson (Saturday Night Live) receiving the Virtuoso Award
- The Good Girls cast will receive the Maverick Cast Award
Along with the honorees, some of the featured guests this year include some of the cast of Freeform’s Everything’s Gonna Be Okay, cast and creative from Freeform’s Good Trouble, cast and creative from Hulu’s Woke, cast from The CW’s Nancy Drew, the cast of OWN’s Queen Sugar, and more.
There will also be panels featuring industry experts including those from the “-ish” universe (Black-ish, Mixed-ish, Grown-ish), “Inside the Writers’ Room,” SCAD alumni featuring graduates now in the television and media industry, and more.
View the full list of attendees and panels here, and find more information on the event at atvfest.com.