Six fan-favorite The Walking Dead episodes will return ahead of the season 10 finale on October 4. AMC announced last week that they would be opening voting for fans to vote on 24 episodes that all span over different The Walking Dead eras. Although voting has now closed, the results of which episodes made the cut and will air on the eve of the finale on October 3 are available to view on The Walking Dead Twitter. Check out which episodes made the cut in each category below!
- The Early Days: “Days Gone By” — Where it all started, the series premiere. Sheriff Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) awakens from a coma to a … well … different world. He attempts to find his family that he got separated from while having to fight off the dead.
- Defending the Prison: “Too Far Gone” — This category visits the midseason finale of the fourth season. Governor (David Morrissey) is running rampant trying to take over the prison from Rick, showing no mercy as he decapitates Hershel (Scott Wilson) and forces Rick’s group to defend their home.
- The Road to Terminus: “No Sanctuary” — The season 5 premiere sees the group once again having to fight their way through a bad situation. The Terminus group’s motives are finally aired out in the open, “Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive survive.” … or do they?
- Alexandria Arrival: “No Way Out” — In the midseason finale of season 6, tensions are heightened and the group is tested. With walkers in the walls of Alexandria and no way to adequately kill them all, the group is unfortunately outnumbered and Carl hangs on by a thread.
- The War Against the Saviors: “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be” — Potentially the most disastrous but one of the most iconic episodes to exist in The Walking Dead world is Negan’s infamous introduction. He captures Rick’s group and plays a good old fashioned twisted game of “eeny, meeny, miny, moe.”
- Rick’s Farewell and the Whisperer War: “What Comes After” — To conclude the night, of course, Rick’s final episode will air. With a wounded Rick being airlifted by a Civic Republic Military helicopter, his life tragically hangs in the balance as a time jump six years into the future takes place.
The Walking Dead season 10 finale, “A Certain Doom,” airs October 4 on AMC.