The AGBO Superhero Fantasy Football Charity League is returning for a second season bigger and better.
Last year, Joe and Anthony Russo’s entertainment company, AGBO, launched the AGBO Superhero Fantasy Football League. The stipulation to join — you had to have starred in a superhero film. The participants for the inaugural season included Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Karen Gillan (Nebula), Anthony Mackie (Falcon), Chris Pratt (Star-Lord), Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool), Michael B. Jordan (Killmonger), Miles Teller (Mr. Fantastic), Chris Evans (Captain America), Tom Holland (Spider-Man), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Paul Rudd (Ant-Man), Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Matthew Berry (ESPN Senior Fantasy Analyst; Endgame Cameo extraordinaire), and Joe Russo (Director of multiple Marvel films). The 14 players competed for the $100,000 prize pool to be divvied up between their charities of choice.
The God of Thunder, Chris Hemsworth, won the big prize last year, with $19,000 going to the Australian Childhood Foundation. Will he be as lucky this year?
For AGBO’s Superhero League, the sky is the limit, and this year the stakes are higher. With a little boost from FanDuel, up for grabs is $1 million to be shared between the charities chosen, along with an additional $250,000 to be donated in memory of the King, Chadwick Boseman, to various charities throughout the season.
And we’re back…let the trash talking begin. The #AGBOSuperheroLeague has assembled some of my closest friends and fellow superhero opponents for a great cause… pic.twitter.com/0VyrX3gw3Y
— Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) September 4, 2020
- Advertisement -
Playing this year, and in their draft order, are:
- Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch) playing for The Rape Foundation taking first pick again this year!
- Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man) playing for Footprint Coalition
- Paul Rudd (Ant-Man) playing for Big Slick/Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool) playing for SickKids Foundation of Canada
- Pom Klementieff (Mantis) playing for Time’s Up
- Chris Evans (Captain America) playing for Christopher’s Haven
- Matthew Berry playing for The V Foundation for Cancer Research
- Anthony Russo playing for The Arthritis Foundation
- Tom Holland (Spider-Man) playing for The Brother’s Trust
- Karen Gillan (Nebula) playing for Mikeys Line
- Simu Liu (Shang-Chi) whose charity is to be announced
- Anthony Mackie (Falcon) playing for Stem NOLA
- The reigning champ, Chris Hemsworth (Thor) playing for the Australian Childhood Foundation
- Chris Pratt (Star-Lord) playing for Special Olympics Washington
You can follow along this season on the new site, agbosuperheroleague.com, along with the Twitter account for all the trash talk, stats, and standings.