Blumhouse, the famous film company behind hits like Insidious and Get Out, is bringing horror fans two brand new live entertainment experiences! The Purge: Dangerous Waters and Blumhouse: Behind the Screams will be coming to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood, on Thursday, September 7th.
These two new additions to the Halloween Horror Nights lineup are based on some blockbuster films! The Purge: Dangerous Waters takes the popular franchise into a new landscape. This celebration of the tenth purge anniversary will bring guests a new experience when it takes to the water. Viewers will watch this action-packed live show as a politician and his crew attempts to escape the purge on an island that quickly turns into a nightmare. With action sequences, breathtaking stunts, lighting and laser effects, and explosions, The Purge: Dangerous Waters will be a night of fun-filled anarchy.
Blumhouse has many highly acclaimed horror films in their collection and Blumhouse: Behind the Screams will showcase many of them. Fans will get to experience a peek behind the curtain of movie making by seeing film props, costumes, and lastly, terrifying encounters with iconic characters. Some of the films included in the showcase are Five Nights at Freddy’s, The Exorcist: Believer, M3GAN, and The Black Phone.
Alongside these new experiences are three scare zones added for the first time this year. These zones have been designed to torment guests as they navigate through Halloween Horror Nights.
- El Terror de las Momias – This scare zone is Latin-themed and an extension of the “Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America” haunted house that takes guests on a desperate attempt to escape an ancient army of unearthed mummies.
- Located on New York Street – This “Toyz” scare zone dares guests to play in the toy box of terror where a wicked toymaker used dark magic to bring his evil toys to life.
- Welcome Wagon – This congregation of “Ghostz,” feature a horde of blood-soaked, chainsaw-wielding ghosts, gather at the entrance to Halloween Horror Nights to rattle nerves.
Below is a complete list of all the houses and other terrifying experiences that can be explored at Halloween Horror Nights.
- The Last of Us – This house is based on Naughty Dog and Playstation’s award-winning post-pandemic video game.
- Stranger Things 4 – This house will transport guests to Hawkins, Indiana, where they will face off against the evil Vecna in the fourth season of Netflix’s original series.
- The Exorcist: Believer – This house features a terrifying new chapter as Chris MacNeil fights a nefarious demonic force that has possessed two girls.
- Universal Monsters: Unmasked – This house expands on the Universal Monsters legacy with horror icons The Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame coming together for the first time in a chilling new story.
- Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count – This house features the infamous slasher doll and his best kills throughout the series and films.
- Evil Dead Rise – This house will bring guests to a new twisted tale in the Evil Dead franchise, based on the 2023 box office hit.
- Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America – This house includes Latin American folklore’s most terrifying ghosts and creatures.
- Holidayz in Hell – This experience will take visitors on a petrifying trip through a series of psychotic seasonal celebrations.
- Terror Tram…The Exterminatorz – This experience will put guests on the world-famous Universal backlot in the middle of an insect uprising. This uprising is led by the devious Larry Larva whose goal is to exterminate humans from the Earth. Horror fans will also walk along the Jupiter’s Claim set from Nope where they will encounter The Tethered from Us in an epic crossover from two of director Jordan Peele’s epic blockbusters.
Halloween Horror Nights will run on select nights from Thursday, September 7th through Tuesday, October 31st at Universal Studios Hollywood. Meanwhile at Universal Orlando Resort, the event runs from Friday, September 1st through Saturday, November 4th. This event is very popular, so event nights are expected to sell out so it is advised to purchase tickets in advance. Tickets can be found on the official website here.