Busch Gardens Park is the place to be for summer fun! This season will bring a brand new one-of-a-kind ride to both of the parks and the fan-favorite event, Summer Nights Spectacular, will return with new entertainment and fireworks.
Marc Swanson, CEO of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, said, “We’re thrilled to welcome families and friends to our park to create unforgettable memories and enjoy the many things our park has to offer, including award-winning rides, attractions, and restaurants.”
Below are details for the events taking place at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Williamsburg this summer.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- Serengeti Flyer — This will be the world’s tallest and fastest ride of its kind! Guests will swing to the highest of heights above Tampa Bay’s sweeping 65-acre Serengeti Plain. With each swing of this ride, visitors will experience moments of negative-G force before they plummet back toward the ground. This new ride features dueling twin arms that can reach speeds up to 68 miles per hour and fly 135 feet in the air. One of the most interesting parts of the Serengeti Flyer is that riders will get to adjust their intensity level. Whether you are feeling extra brave or want a milder ride, there is an experience waiting for you! Guests will also get the chance to experience many other epic thrills like the Iron Gwazi, voted one of the top coasters in the country.
- Icons — This new review show allows guests to experience musical icons at the Dragon Fire Grill. Icons are sure to have visitors singing and dancing along with live performances of fan-favorite songs inspired by musical legends we know and love. Alongside new entertainment, there are also some returning favorites. The award-winning year-round ice skating show Turn It Up! Remix will take place at the Moroccan Palace Theater.
- Summer Nights Firework Spectacular — When the sun sets, the fun is just beginning! Busch Garden’s Summer Nights Firework Spectacular will bring beautiful displays of sound and color to 27 amazing nights. Sponsored by Bad Boy Mowers, this experience will leave guests speechless with its dazzling colors, intricate patterns, and unforgettable music.
- Elite VIP Tour and Other Fan Favorite Animal Experiences —This brand-new experience gives special guests the opportunity for a personalized and unforgettable day at the park. Visitors will have a private guided tour with VIP treatment like front-of-the-line access, animal encounters and feedings, and lunch at exclusive restaurants. Also available this summer will be Animal Care Center and Serengeti Safari. This safari will include a 30-minute off-road experience where guests will be up close and personal with African wildlife.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- DarKoaster-— This coaster is the first all-indoor straddle coaster in North America! Guests will climb on board a snowmobile and head toward a raging storm. Soon these thrill seekers will realize this isn’t a regular storm they are facing as supernatural forces show themselves. Riders will experience four launches and speed through complete darkness. This coaster can be conquered by the whole family with a height requirement of 48″.
- Summer Nights — Running from June 16 to August 13, Summer Nights has something for guests of all ages. Play all day and enjoy the park’s thrilling rides and special culinary offerings. Guests can then stay for the fireworks spectacular every Friday and Saturday night. Every Saturday, a new artist will take the Summer Nights Concert Series stage! These musical guests will include national headliners to nostalgic bands like Maddie & Tae, Flo Rida, Matthew West, and many more!
If you are interested in any of these amazing Busch Garden activities, there is a limited-time Memorial Day sale happening now! This sale could save you up to 50 percent on single-day tickets, fun cards, and annual passes. Annual passes are a fun way to enjoy an entire year of fun for the family with thrilling attractions and seasonal events. For more information on Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, you can visit their website here. If Busch Gardens Williamsburg is what you’re looking for, their website can be found here.