The 1980s classic horror film Fright Night is headed to 4K Ultra HD for the first time. Included with the movie will be over 14 hours of new special features. All of this horror content will come in a limited edition steel bookcase with classic art featured on the cover, available on October 4.
Fright Night follows Charley Brewster, played by William Ragsdale. Young Charley begins to notice some peculiar behaviors about his neighbor Jerry, played by Chris Sarandon. Jerry seems like the perfect guy; he is nice, good-looking, and tends to only come out at night. Although there is one thing people should know before inviting Jerry over to your house. He tends to prefer his drinks red, warm, and straight from people’s necks. Soon Charley’s sweetheart Amy, played by Amanda Bearse, finds Jerry’s sights and fangs focused on her. Charley is the only one who has figured out the horrific secret, but with no one to believe him, he searches for help. He turns to Peter Vincent, played by Roddy McDowall. Peter is a television horror host who has a history of playing a great vampire killer in movies. Can this duo save Amy from Jerry’s blood-sucking embrace?
This limited edition of the film will have over 14 hours of special features that will include:
- New deleted Scene storyboards
- New Director Holland/Beyda Spec Trailer with an introduction by Tom Holland
- Audio commentary with writer/director Tom Holland, actors Chris Sarandon and Jonathan Stark, moderated by filmmaker Tim Sullivan
- Audio Commentary with writer/director Tom Holland, actors William Ragsdale and Stephen Geoffreys, FX artist Randall Cook, moderated by journalist Jeremy Smith and Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
- What is Fright Night
- Tom Holland: Writing Horror
- Theatrical Trailers
- Fright Night 35th Anniversary Script Read
- The Queer Lens: Bryan Fuller in conversation with Amanda Bearse
- A Novel Approach: The Splatterpunk Story of the Fright Night Novelization
- SFX Storyboard Comparisons
- Tom Holland and Amanda Bearse Talk Fright Night
- Round Table with Tom, Stephen and William
- Shock Till You Drop Presents Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek
- First Ever Fright Night Reunion Panel- Fear Fest 2 (2008)
- Weekend of Hell Panel with Amanda and Stephen
- Vintage EPK with Behind the Scenes Raw Footage
This special limited edition of Fright Night will be available beginning October 4. Fright Night is released by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. If you would like to learn more about future projects from the studio, check out their Facebook or YouTube.