Ted Lasso is officially an Emmy award-winning series! The series picked up its first  awards at the Creative Arts Emmys.
The Creative Arts Emmy Awards took place this weekend ahead of the Primetime ceremony, which is scheduled to be held next Sunday. The Creative Arts Awards honor outstanding artistic and technical achievements in a variety of television program genres, guest performances in weekly series, as well as exceptional work in the animation, reality, and documentary categories.
Ted Lasso was nominated for a total of 20 awards, with seven coming on the Creative Arts side. Ultimately, the series took home three awards:
- Outsanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation
- Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series – A.J. Catoline for “The Hope That Kills You”
- Outstanding Casting For A Comedy Series
The remaining 13 nominations will be determined during the Primetime ceremony for the 73rd Emmy Awards, which will air live on CBS on Sunday, September 19 at 5 p.m. PST/8 p.m. EST. Ted Lasso‘s remaining categories include:
- Outstanding Comedy Series
- Jason Sudeikis for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series
- Brett Goldstein, Brendan Hunt, Nick Mohammed, and Jeremy Swift for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
- Hannah Waddingham and Juno Temple for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
- Three episodes are nominated for Outstanding Directing For a Comedy Series; Zach Braff for “Biscuits,” MJ Delaney for “The Hope That Kills You,” and Declan Lowney for “Make Rebecca Great Again”
- Two episodes are nominated for Outstanding Writing For a Comedy Series; Jason Sudeikis, Brendan Hunt, Bill Lawrence, and Joe Kelly for “Pilot” and Jason Sudeikis, Brendan Hunt, and Joe Kelly for “Make Rebecca Great Again”
Ted Lasso has swept through previous award shows, including the Golden Globes and SAG Awards, where the first season was eligible last year. This is the first year the series is Emmy-eligible. Last month, Ted Lasso won four Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards, winning in every category it was nominated in.
The immensely popular series follows Ted Lasso, an American football coach, as he hops the pond to lead the AFC Richmond Greyhounds … a soccer team. Where Ted lacks in knowledge about the sport, he makes for it with his infectious optimism and bright-eyed outlook. But season 2 has begun to challenge Ted in all-new ways …
Season 2 of Ted Lasso is currently airing exclusively on Apple TV+. Episode 9 will release next Friday, September 17. In the meantime, make sure to catch up on all of our Ted Lasso recaps!
Audiences can tune in for an edited presentation of the 2021 Creative Arts Emmys on Saturday, September 18 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on FXX.