The 73rd Emmy Awards are almost upon us, and the Television Academy has released the official list of nominees!
Amazon Studios’ hit series The Boys has scored a total of six Emmy nominations, including:
- Outstanding Drama Series
- Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics – “Never Truly Vanish”
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series – “What I Know”
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Season Or A Movie
- Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series – “What I Know”
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour) – “The Name Of The Game”
Based on the comic book series by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, The Boys is set in a fictional world where superheroes exist. Most of them aren’t that great, but the worst of the lot can be found amongst The Seven, Vought International’s personal group of debaucherous, less-than-heroic Supes. Meanwhile, the Boys are a group of vigilantes trying not to get killed on their mission to take them all down once and for all.
The Boys stars Karl Urban, Antony Starr, Jack Quaid, Erin Moriarty, Laz Alonso, Tomer Capon, Karen Fukuhara, Jessie T. Usher, Dominique McElligott, Chace Crawford, Nathan Mitchell, and more.
Seasons 1 and 2 are now streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime Video. Season 3 is currently in production, and a planned release date has not yet been announced. In the meantime, make sure to follow our continued coverage of the series, including recaps and reviews!
Tune in to watch the Emmy Awards, which will be hosted by Cedric the Entertainer, live on CBS and Paramount+ on Sunday, September 19 at 5 p.m. PST/8 p.m. EST.