Guests visiting Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood will have a new friend to visit! Starting July 17th, Toad will join Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach as a walk-about character. The adorable and beloved characters can be found to meet and interact with in the Mushroom Kingdom.
The new expansion of Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood has opened up new experiences for gaming fans of all ages! Passing through the signature giant green pipe, fans are instantly transported to the magical Mushroom Kingdom from their favorite game. This new land is visually stunning with its colors, architecture, and energy. Visitors will have the opportunity to explore, play, and discover the world of Mario and their friends like never before!
Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood is home to many different activities like those listed below!
- Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge– This new and technologically advanced ride, inspired by the popular Mario Kart video game series, will seamlessly fuse cutting-edge augmented reality with projection mapping technology and actual set pieces along a moving ride track. Set against a multi-sensory backdrop of color, sound, and movement, visitors will be seated in stadium-style, four-seat vehicles as they navigate familiar courses through the creative use and integration of head-mounted AR goggles. As part of Team Mario, guests steer through underwater courses and courses in the clouds to compete for the Golden Cup while collecting digital coins to defeat Team Bowser and win.
- Mount Beanpole– This towering landmark sits at the heart of the land and also serves as the entry queue for Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge.
- Bowser’s Castle– Adorned with a breathtaking sculpture of a large and powerful Bowser, this structure serves as a key centerpiece of the land, home to Super Nintendo World’s signature ride, Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge. As guests navigate the corridors and pass through the hall of medallions and trophies of the ominous castle towards the ride, they learn more about Bowser’s calculated plans to defeat Team Mario for the coveted Golden Cup.
- Power-Up Band= These wearable wristbands sync with the official Universal Studios Hollywood’s free downloadable app to level up the guest experience within the land and enhance its many interactive elements. These include, but are not limited to, keeping individual and team scores, collecting digital coins, and obtaining keys after winning Key Challenges throughout the land. When riding Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge, guests are encouraged to tap their Power-Up Band on the ride vehicle’s steering wheel. By doing so, they can track digital coins collected as well as gauge their ranking against friends and family when synced to the official Universal Studios Hollywood app. They are available in six design options with character themes and can be purchased both within the land and at Super Nintendo World.
- Interactive Gameplay– Within the land, guests can enjoy many interactive areas, including punching blocks to collect digital coins. They will discover a new dimension of Super Nintendo World with the interactive binoculars positioned within the land. Guests can also collect keys after winning the Key Challenges from Goomba Crazy Crank, Koopa Troopa POWer Punch, Piranha Plant Nap Mishap, and Thwomp Panel Panic. Collecting at least three keys will ultimately allow access to the final boss battle with Bowser Jr.’s Shadow Showdown.
- Toadstool Café– The land’s signature restaurant Toadstool Café serves a delicious menu perfected by Chef Toad where he greets guests upon entry. Menu items prepared fresh daily include Toadstool Cheesy Garlic Knots, Super Mushroom Soup, Piranha Plant Caprese, Mario Bacon Cheeseburger, Luigi Pesto Chicken Burger, Block Tiramisu, and Princess Peach Cupcake.
- 1-UP Factory– What better way to commemorate a visit to Super Nintendo World than to visit the 1-UP Factory retail shop to purchase collectible memorabilia? The 1-UP Factory offers an extensive selection of merchandise from themed apparel to iconic character hats and an array of plush characters, including Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Toad, and Bowser.
For any and all information about Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood tickets, experiences, and more visit the official website here. Fans can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.