The time for ghosts, monsters, and scares is quickly approaching. Universal Orlando Resort has revealed more details about the impending terror awaiting guests brave enough to attend this year’s Halloween Horror Nights! Among the announcements made were six terrifying new original concepts that will complete this year’s lineup of ten haunted houses. Alongside the houses will be five sinister scare zones and two live shows.
This special Halloween event will kick off Friday, September 2nd, and will run on select nights until October 31st. This year will be extra special because this world premier Halloween event is turning 31 years old. To celebrate this exceptional year, the themes of a traditional Halloween are being turned upside down and used as twisted inspiration for the new original haunted houses and scare zones. Playing on guests’ worst fears, Universal Orlando Resort will be unleashing everything from pumpkins seeking vengeance to deranged trick-or-treaters.
After all the terrors, guests might need a break. As such, there will be two outrageous live shows to enjoy. Facing your fears is sure to work up an appetite, so make sure to check out the special and sinfully delicious foods and beverages offered throughout the park. Last but not least, guests will be able to shop the latest merchandise in the all-new Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store and enjoy Universal Studios’ most exciting rides and attractions.
Below is a list of the remaining experiences that will be heading to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights this 2022 season:
- Horrors of Halloween — Guests will be able to encounter the intimidating Pumpkin Lord along with his many devious subjects in this zone.
- Scarecrow: Cursed Soil — Your very soul is in danger as the wrath of scarecrows descends upon guests. This keeper of the field will stop at nothing to reap the harvest of human souls he requires.
- Sweet Revenge — Experience being transported back to the 1950s. Attend an old-fashioned Halloween parade gone wrong that soon gets overrun by bloodthirsty trick-or-treaters.
- Graveyard: Deadly Unrest — Guests will take an adventure through an ominous cemetery during a Halloween thunderstorm.
- Conjure the Dark — Use caution as you encounter an evil sorceress bent on bringing forth an army of ravenous monstrosities.
- Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire — This show is the sequel to last year’s popular fan-favorite Halloween Nightmare Fuel. This new experience will feature the fabulous and world-famous performance group, The Fuel Girls. Guests will watch as a new dreamer is highlighted while in the depths of a terrifying nightmare. Set to a heart-pounding metal, rock, and electronica score, this show is sure to entertain.
- Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale — The all-new show will be taking place in the Universal Studios lagoon. The storyline will follow the Grim Reaper during the undertaking of what happens beyond the grave. Giving this show a modern twist is the score that is set to eerily-remixed music by some of today’s most iconic artists.
For information on Halloween Horror Nights tickets and the limited-time Halloween experiences at Universal Orlando’s hotel, head to their official website here. Make sure to follow Nerds & Beyond to stay up to date!