This Halloween, you can settle in for the ultimate movie night with the 2014 psychological thriller The Guest in all of its brand-new 4K glory thanks to Second Sight Films. This film is already a visual feast on its own, so this new HDR master is truly a tantalizing upgrade.
Starring Dan Stevens (Legion, Downton Abbey), The Guest tells the story of a young soldier who arrives on the doorstep of the Peterson family, claiming to be a good friend of their beloved son who died in action. The Petersons welcome David into their home and into their lives, but when people start mysteriously dying in town, mayhem ensues as their teenage daughter starts wondering if David is responsible.
Directed by Adam Wingard and written by Simon Barrett (the duo behind V/H/S and You’re Next), the movie also stars Maika Monroe (It Follows), Sheila Kelley (The Good Doctor), Leland Orser (I Am the Night), and Lance Reddick (Bosch).
Originally announced back in August, pre-orders are now available. Check out all of the killer list of special features and contents below, via Second Sight Films.
- Limited Edition of 5,000
- 4K / Blu-ray dual format release
- Brand new grade for both formats supervised by Director Adam Wingard
- UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
- New commentary by Director Adam Wingard and Writer Simon Barrett
- Archive commentary by Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett
- The Uninvited Guest: a new interview with Actor Dan Stevens
- A Perfect Stranger: a new interview with Actor Maika Monroe
- By Invitation Only: a new interview with Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett
- Producing The Guest: a new interview with Producers Keith Calder and Jess Wu Calder
- Light and Fog: a new interview with Director of Photography Robby Baumgartner
- Lightning Strikes: a new interview with Production Designer Tom Hammock
- The Sounds of The Guest: a new interview with Composer Steve Moore
- Deleted / Alternate Scenes, Outtake Gag with optional Director commentary
Limited Edition Contents
- Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Adam Stothard
- Various Artists Soundtrack CD
- 160 page book with new essays by Tim Coleman, Zena Dixon, Craig Ian Mann and Zoë Rose Smith; Script-to-Screen featuring storyboards and script extracts, Behind-the-Scenes photos and Adam Wingard soundtrack notes
- 6 collectors’ art cards
Exclusive to Second Sight orders
- 3 art card reproductions of the on-set Halloween Dance posters
Please note that the 4K UHD disc is Region Free, and the Blu-ray disc is Region B.
For those hoping to obtain the 4K release on its own at a lower price point, a standard edition release will be coming next year.