The Academy Award winning war drama 1917 will be yours to own in March. The film will be available to purchase on digital platforms beginning March 10, with the 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD formats available on March 24.
Shot in a single take, 1917 tells the story of young British soldiers Schofield and Blake as they embark on a mission to cross enemy territory and deliver a message that could prevent an attack and save the lives of hundreds of soldiers, including Blake’s brother. 1917 stars breakout actors George Mackay as Schofield (Captain Fantastic, Pride, Sunshine on Leith) and Dean-Charles Chapman as Blake (Game of Thrones). It was written by Sam Mendes and Krysty Wilson-Cairns and directed by Mendes. The film won Academy Awards for cinematography, visual effects, and sound mixing. Read our review of the film here.
The 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD formats will also have several bonus features, including:
- The Weight of the World: Sam Mendes – Academy Award® winner Sam Mendes discusses his personal connection to World War 1.
- Allied Forces: Making 1917 – Learn how the one shot, 360-degree format was executed and the pivotal role Academy Award® winner Roger Deakins served in bringing Sam Mendes’ vision to life.
- The Music of 1917 – Composer Thomas Newman and filmmakers discuss the important role of the Academy Award®-nominated score.
- In The Trenches – Go behind the scenes with the cast of 1917.
- Recreating History – Filmmakers offer a detailed look at the production design challenges of recreating the First World War.
- Feature Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Sam Mendes.
- Feature Commentary with Director of Photography Roger Deakins.
Make sure to grab 1917 on digital March 10 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD March 24.