Universal have put out a bunch of new clips for their summer comedy, Asteroid City. The box office hit is now available to own on Digital and will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on August 15, complete with all-new bonus content.
Certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, Asteroid City has an all-star, critically acclaimed ensemble cast including Jason Schwartzman (The Grand Budapest Hotel), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), and Tom Hanks (News of the World), supported by Jeffrey Wright (No Time To Die), Tilda Swinton (Suspiria), Adrien Brody (The Pianist), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Edward Norton (Glass Onion), Liev Schreiber (X-Men Origins: Wolverine), Hope Davis (Succession), Stephen Park (The French Dispatch), Rupert Friend (Pride & Prejudice), Maya Hawke (Do Revenge), Steve Carell (The Office), Matt Dillon (There’s Something About Mary), Hong Chau (The Whale), Willem Dafoe (Spider-Man), Margot Robbie (Barbie), Tony Revolori (The Grand Budapest Hotel), Jake Ryan (Moonrise Kingdom), and Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park).
Asteroid City is set in a fictional American desert town, circa 1955. Junior Stargazers and Space Cadets from across the country assemble for the annual Asteroid Day celebration — but the scholarly competition is spectacularly upended by world-changing events. The movie is described as equal parts comedy, drama, and romance (with a touch of science-fiction).
Check out the clips below, then scroll on down to see what else Universal have included in Asteroid City‘s bonus features!
Exclusive bonus features on Digital, Blu-ray, and DVD:
- The Making of Asteroid City – With Wes Anderson as your guide, take a personal tour behind the scenes of “Asteroid City” and get insider’s access into set creation, performer preparation, music rehearsals and more.
- Desert Town – Wes Anderson pulls back the curtain on the creation of Asteroid City with an intimate look at what goes into building a town in the middle of a desert and bringing its quirks to life.
- Doomsday Carnival (Digital, Blu-ray, DVD Exclusive) – Go even further inside Asteroid City as period costumes, classic cars, and camera tricks combine to create a bustling midway of carnival rides and lookie-loos anticipating an alien arrival.
- Montana and Ranch Hands – Witness a quiet prayer evolve into a hand-clapping country hoedown as the film’s fictional band inspires a sudden dance number through their banjo, bass, and washboard.
- The Players (Digital, Blu-ray, DVD Exclusive) – Go behind-the-scenes with the stars of Asteroid City.
- The Alien (Digital Exclusive) – Designers come up with the concept and Jeff Goldblum suits up in the costume to create the captivating look and mesmerizing movements of the movie’s extraterrestrial creature.
- The Roadrunner (Digital Exclusive) – Get a peek at the planning, puppeteering, and careful camera positioning that animates an artificial animal with scene-stealing personality.