Get ready to level up!
Universal Studios Hollywood has revealed the first look at the brand-new Power Up Band for Super Nintendo World, the highly anticipated immersive themed land, which opens February 17, 2023.
The innovative theme land will bring the world of Super Mario to life with vibrant colors and architectural ingenuity within a newly expanded area of Universal Studios Hollywood. Guests will enjoy the brand-new Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge ride, along with many exciting and fun interactive activities for the whole family within the Mushroom Kingdom. Parkgoers can also recharge by dining at the Toadstool Cafe and shopping at the 1-UP Factory retail store.
The fun doesn’t end there. Universal Studios Hollywood has released a first look at the brand-new Power-Up Band, a fun interactive component designed to help guests level up their experience during their visits to the land. You can find a complete overview, along with its functionality, below.
- Sync up with Universal Studios Hollywood’s downloadable app and function as a complement to the land’s many interactive elements.
- Use the Band to compete against other teams to achieve the highest score by collecting the most digital coins. Guests can check scores by linking the Power-Up Band to the app or referring to the Checkpoint Screens located within the land.
- Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge: Guests can tap their Power-Up Band on the ride vehicle’s steering wheel. The Power-Up Band will enable guests to enjoy the ride over and over again in an attempt to beat their best scores.
- Guests can complete milestones within the land, like winning Key challenges from Goomba Crazy Crank, Koopa Troopa POWer Punch, Piranha Plant Nap Mishap, and Thwomp Panel Panic. After collecting three keys, the Band will ultimately allow access to the final boss battle with Bowser Jr.
- The Power-Up Band may provide a more enhanced experience with the characters during the meet and greets.
The Power-Up Band will be available in six design options with character themes, including Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Toad, and Princess Daisy. Choosing a particular character also determines which Team guests will be on. The Band will be available for purchase, beginning February 17, at Super Nintendo World retail shops in the theme park and on CityWalk, but is not required when visiting the land.
Super Nintendo World was conceived in partnership with Nintendo and the visionaries at Universal Creative to deliver exhilarating entertainment with innovative technological achievements inspired by characters and video games that have appealed to Nintendo fans for generations.
For more information about the Power-Up Band and Super Nintendo World, please visit Universal Studio Hollywood’s official website.