The summer issue of Disney twenty-three is ready to make a splash with Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson on the cover gearing up for the release of their film Jungle Cruise.
Get an insight into the film coming out on July 30 with Editor-in-chief Max Lark as he visits the stunning tropical set with the stars as they describe what it was like bringing the iconic Disney Parks ride to life. Also, get a fascinating look at the creation of Jungle Cruise for Disneyland and the exciting changes in store for the attraction this year.
Each issue will also be shipped with poster created exclusively for D23: The Official Disney Fan Club celebrating Lucasfilms’ 50th anniversary.
It wouldn’t be the summer issue without a celebration of the newest Marvel series heading to Disney+ on June 9, and Tom Hiddleston talks about bringing this new version of his 10-year tenured Marvel character, Loki, to life.
Hiddleston’s on-screen brother, Chris Hemsworth, is also featured for National Geographic’s Shark Beach, as the avid surfer and environmentalist dives beneath the surface of what we know about the toothy creatures. And Emma Thompson talks Cruella before it heads to theaters and Disney+ Premier Access on May 28.
Also included in the summer issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Monsters, Inc. is beefing up its workforce, as Ben Feldman joins the team in the hilarious new Disney+ animated series Monsters At Work
- Journey to the seaside (with some lovable sea monsters) as star Jacob Tremblay and Luca’s creative team reveal details about the new Pixar film
- Behind the Attraction, coming to Disney+, uncovers fascinating facts and surprising stories about Disney park favorites
- Walt’s original princess enjoys new adventures with Disneyland’s reimagined Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- It’s a new generation of fun as the Turner & Hooch series arrives on Disney+ with just the right amount of slobber
- Star Jeffrey Wright and producer Brad Winderbaum get animated for Marvel Studios’ new colorful series What If…?, coming to Disney+
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, and Ask the Walt Disney Archives
Disney twenty-three is available to D23 Gold Members as a benefit of their membership. The issue will arrive before the end of May.