If you’re anything like me, a trip down to our local science museum always has a stop to the IMAX theater located inside on the schedule. The films they feature take us a journey of discovery about the world around us, and the universe we live in. They’re about earthquakes and pandas, along with dogs and the Galapagos, and no matter your interests there’s always something new to learn. Whether it was a school field trip or just a leisurely visit, you’ve probably seen at least one of IMAX’s educational documentaries they offer up at museums and planetariums around the world, and now you’ll be able to enjoy them from the comfort of your own home.
The streaming service Hulu will become home to 16 popular IMAX films, narrated by some familiar faces such as Chris Evans, Cate Blanchett and of course, Sir David Attenborough. Some are available now, with all of them becoming available sometime this year!
These titles are available now:
- A Beautiful Planet narrated by Jennifer Lawrence
- Pandas: An IMAX Original Film narrated by Kristen Bell
- Destiny in Space
- Fires of Kuwait (1992 Oscar nominee)
- Into the Deep
- Journey to the South Pacific narrated by Cate Blanchett
- Space Station narrated by Tom Cruise
- Survival Island narrated by Sir David Attenborough
- The Dream is Alive
- T-Rex: Back to the Cretaceous
Arriving later this month will be Hail Columbia!.
Coming in July:
- The Secret of Life on Earth
- Horses: The Story of Equus
- China: The Panda Adventure starring Maria Bello
And finally, sometime this year Superpower Dogs narrated by Captain America himself, Chris Evans will round out the collection!