Just a few hours after an eventful and much needed Stageit Q&A session with Louden Swain earlier today, Billy Moran took to Stageit once more for his very first virtual solo concert. When Moran announced his first Stageit show last week, he had to race to keep adding batches of tickets for sale, as it seemed this monumental event was in demand like toilet paper.
From the time the show began, until it ended as Moran was shredding on his guitar during his encore (Stageit, you don’t tell Billy when his show is over … HE says when the show is over), the viewer chat was an endless stream of excitement, support, and tips aplenty.
Moran played a selection of covers, songs from his own bands, and a few new original tunes.
- “We’re Going to Be Friends” – The White Stripes
- “American Beauty” – Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors
- “Green, Green Rocky Road”- Dave Van Ronk (a la Oscar Isaac in Inside Llewyn Davis)
- “Carpool Lane” – Louden Swain
- “Not Giving My Heart Away” – The Station Breaks
- “Tripping on Wedding Graves(?)” – Billy Moran (Original!)
- “Delicate” – Damien Rice
- “No Hard Feelings” – The Avett Brothers
- “My Friends” – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- “Little Dreamer” – Billy Moran (Original!)
- “Woke Up to Yesterday’s News” – Billy Moran (Original!)
If anything is clear after this very successful Stageit concert, it’s that Moran has come an incredibly long way from being the guitarist that had to be coaxed to sing a few verses by friends and fans alike once everyone discovered what a talented singing voice he has. “Little Dreamer,” one of his originals, was a particularly impressive track, as Moran not only dropped some funky riffs, but he belted out the lyrics with a palpable amount of surefooted confidence and passion.
Billy, we’re all so proud of you, blown away by this performance (though not surprised), and we can’t wait to hear what else you’ve got in store.