Emmy season is upon us!
The awards, which will be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, are still set to broadcast on Sunday, September 20, either remotely or traditionally. Leading up to the big event, Variety: Actors on Actors has announced their season 12 lineup full of this year’s Emmy contenders.
This season presents a little differently, the actors filmed remotely in their own homes as they converse about their work with one another. We’ll see a Friends reunion with Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow and an Avengers team up featuring Chris Evans and Paul Rudd, along with all the other bright stars in contention for nominations on TV’s biggest night.
The conversations will include:
- Jennifer Aniston (The Morning Show) with Lisa Kudrow (Space Force, Feel Good)
- Henry Cavill (The Witcher) with Sir Patrick Stewart (Star Trek: Picard)
- Kieran Culkin (Succession) with Dan Levy (Schitt’s Creek)
- Russell Crowe (The Loudest Voice in the Room) with Nicole Kidman (Big Little Lies)
- Claire Danes (Homeland) with Damian Lewis (Billions)
- Daveed Diggs (Snowpiercer) with Anthony Mackie (Altered Carbon, Black Mirror)
- Chris Evans (Defending Jacob) with Paul Rudd (Living With Yourself)
- Anne Hathaway (Modern Love) with Hugh Jackman (Bad Education)
- Nicholas Hoult (The Great) with Paul Mescal (Normal People)
- Regina King (Watchmen) with Reese Witherspoon (Little Fires Everywhere, Big Little Lies, The Morning Show)
- Sandra Oh (Killing Eve) with Kerry Washington (Little Fires Everywhere)
- Tessa Thompson (Westworld) with Ramy Youssef (Ramy)
- Zendaya (Euphoria) with Mj Rodriguez (Pose)
The first two episodes will premiere on PBS SoCal on Friday, July 17 at 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., with three and four arriving one week later at the same times. All of the episodes will be available on pbssocal.org and on the free PBS Video app after they air.
Variety’s Actors on Actors magazine issue will be available on newsstands Tuesday, June 23, with some clips appearing on Variety.com starting today, June 22.