The Television Critics Association, or TCA, is a prestigious group of about 250 television journalists in the United States and Canada. Every year since 1984, the members vote on the best movies, shows, and specials, and the winners of the 2020 awards have just been announced!
Some notable nominees this year included The Mandalorian, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Schitt’s Creek, Little Fires Everywhere, Normal People, and Watchmen. You can find the full list of nominees here, and check out this year’s winners below!
- Career Achievement Award: Alex Trebek, Jeopardy!
- Individual Achievement in Comedy: Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek
- Individual Achievement in Drama: Regina King, Watchmen
- Outstanding Achievement in Sketch/Variety Shows: A Black Lady Sketch Show (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming: Cheer (Netflix)
- Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: Molly of Denali (PBS Kids)
- Outstanding Achievement in News and Information: The Last Dance (ESPN)
- Heritage Award: Star Trek (CBS)
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: Schitt’s Creek (Pop TV)
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: Succession (HBO)
- Outstanding New Program: Watchmen (HBO)
- Outstanding Movie, Miniseries, or Special: Watchmen (HBO)
- Program of the Year: Watchmen (HBO)
You can see a list of previous winners on the TCA website. Congratulations to all of this year’s winners!