For fans of One Direction, July 23 will always hold a special place in our hearts. It’s on that day 10 years ago that the band officially formed with original members Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, and Zayn Malik on the television show The X-Factor UK. This year, the boys have been teasing some kind of plans to commemorate the 10th anniversary, and now those plans have been finalized! They include:
- A commemorative website launch on July 23 titled “10 Years of One Direction” with archive footage and a complete history of the band
- A shareable “mixtape” feature for fans to create their own playlists of 1D favorite moments for social media
- A newly produced video for YouTube to celebrate the anniversary using highlights of the band so far
- New cover art for existing singles and albums as well as “b-sides and rare songs, remixes, live recordings and acoustic versions”
- Yet-to-be-revealed collaborations with Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, and more to mark the occasion
For more information, click here, and be sure to keep following for more information as we get it!